Cook’s Academy of Customer Service
With over 90 years in business, Cook's provides a stable work environment with a tremendous opportunity for growth. We strive to create a comfortable workplace where all employees are provided the opportunity to achieve success and can take pride in their accomplishments.Open Positions
The Cook’s Difference
Cook’s provides its professionals with the finest ongoing training in the industry. And our expertise is matched by our integrity. In 2001, the Better Business Bureau awarded us the prestigious National Torch Award, the highest award for business ethics in the nation.
Commitment To Training
All Cook’s technicians and inspectors receive comprehensive computer-based, classroom and field training. Their core of knowledge gets continuously refreshed at workshops, conferences, and monthly sessions.
- Residential pest identification and treatment training for pests in and around the home.
- Commercial pest identification and treatment training for pests that impact commercial facilities.
- Termite identification and treatment courses.
- Residential sales principles training that educates team members on pests that invade the home.
- Commercial sales principles training that educates team members for the pests specific to a variety of commercial facilities.
On-Site Training at the Residential and Commercial Training Facilities in Decatur
Cook’s Academy of Customer Service training continues at the residential and commercial training facilities in Decatur, Alabama. Knowledge and skills of pest control and customer service will be put to the test during this one- to two-week training period. All team members will be required to graduate from the academy prior to entering the field as a Cook’s representative.
- Residential sales team member courses include a technical training week focusing on pests along with an additional week of phone and sales training.
- Commercial sales team member courses also include a week of technical training plus two days with a specific focus on commercial facilities. These team members will receive an additional eight days of sales and phone training.
- Service technicians are trained based on their position at Cook’s. The three types of technicians include Residential, Commercial, and Termite.
- Residential technicians receive seven days of application training at the residential training facility.
- The two-week Commercial and Termite training provides technicians with real-life scenario training for a variety of commercial and business facilities.
To most, Pest Control just means getting rid of bugs. To us, it’s the opportunity for our employees to have a rewarding career protecting health, home, and property. Our Technicians and Sales Inspectors strive to provide the best service in the industry. With that type of workforce, it’s no surprise that Cook’s is one of the top pest control companies in the country.
We offer an Excellent Benefits Package
- Competitive Pay (most positions starting at $16.00/hour)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Expenses Paid Vacation for Top Performers
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Independent Work Environment
Cook’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing an application, interviewing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please call 256.355.3285.
Interested In Joining Our Team?
We are always seeking quality candidates with a strong will to succeed, excellent work ethic, and high ethical standards. Click the link below to view open positions in your area.Open Positions